Monday, May 4, 2009

working in a winter wonderland



I hope you're singing.  You deserve to be singing Christmas songs while you're sitting in your 75 degree weather.  Ok, fine.  I take it back.  I'm not bitter, I promise.

But you know what?  The hot tub doesn't feel nearly as good in 75 degrees as it does in 35 degrees!  


And it doesn't matter if you get hot.  The snow will cool you down.


And you're still grinning ear-to-ear when you've got snowflakes as big as your head!


And you have moments of ingenuity!  For instance, Wrangler Sarah wanted to enjoy her adult beverage, which required a bottle opener.  But of course, we didn't have one and she didn't want to get one, because, well, it was cold.  

So I - please mark this down on your calendar, as we will be celebrating the anniversary for years to come - I told her to use the bent horseshoe nailed to the support beam.  Those horseshoes are handy things I tell you.  They make guh-REAT hanging hooks and I hope to have about a dozen myself here sometime soon.  

Anyhow, as I was saying, I told Wrangler Sarah to use the bent horseshoe to open her adult beverage.  And may I please show you the following picture as proof of my common sense moment?

That's right, she is enjoying her adult beverage because I had a very rare common sense moment!  Please mark this day down on your calendars.  Amen.  

1 comment:

  1. i really am kind of jealous of snow in may... that being said, i'll try to enjoy the forecasted 95 degree weather and backyard water slide party on saturday :-)
    sounds like things are going well so far!!!

    ReplyDelete