Monday, May 25, 2009

memorial weekend

As I mentioned yesterday, I headed back to the farm for the weekend.  I took Dizzy, the wrangler from Belarus, with me, so he could see a little more of the country.  And tell me what person DOESN'T need to see the plains of Colorado!!!

While I don't have any pictures of Dizzy - I told you, I fell off the wagon - I do have a few pictures from our weekend.  When I say "few," I mean exactly, um, eight. 



We went to a family friend's high school graduation party.


And here he is.  With a big mouthful.  I made him do it.


And here's all the food with which he was stuffing his mouth.  We did not partake because most of us were just graduation crashers.  In case you're not from a small town, this is how we do it.  It's kind of like a potluck.


This is one of the graduates he was having his party with.  Doesn't she have gorgeous hair?  I sort of miss my hair when I see this.  But then again, not really, because then I'd have to DO it.  

I didn't even get a picture of the other girl, because we weren't there very long.


But this is one of his sisters, if you care.  

I'm telling you, between not staying long and having reverted to my old ways, I have few pictures.  And it's hard to make a story of the pictures I DO have.  

Anyhow, from there we headed to the cemetery, where we put flowers on the graves of my great-grandparents on down to my uncle.  




That evening was spent in the usual style.  The older generation played music.  The in-laws chatted.  Everyone was merry.  

But, I fell off the wagon and didn't take any pictures.  Uncle Jim, did you do any better?  Can I, um, borrow some pictures?

Dizzy and I had to head out the next morning when the rest of the family was heading down, but we had a nice couple of days.  

And that's how I spent my Memorial Weekend.  

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment