Thursday, June 4, 2009

weather forecast

Having lived in Florida for the past 4 years, I stopped watching the weather forecast.  It's either going to be hot...or REALLY hot!  Ok, so in the winter, you don't know if it's going to be hot or cold (you know, like, in the 50s), but you just learn to wear layers. 

Well, I'm realizing that in Colorado I should start checking the weather again.  

Or not.  

It varies incredibly from day to day.  Heck, from hour to hour!   And that's why I've decided I don't need to start checking the weather.  I just continue to dress in layers.  

First of all, Colorado is a dry state.  I don't mean alcohol.  Well, then again, they just recently allowed you to buy alcohol on Sundays.  They're really loosening up, I tell ya!

As I was saying, Colorado is a dry state.  It's in the Great American Desert, for gosh sakes!

But you could have fooled me!  

I mean just look at all this slop!  

We are up to our ankles, literally, in shmud.  If you don't know what shmud is, just think about what comes out of the back end of a horse and mixes with mud.  

I usually like to wear my jeans a couple of times, but right now that's an impossibility.  My jeans are covered by 10 am.  Heck, make that 9 am!

It has been raining since Sunday.  We didn't even do our long ride yesterday because of the rain. 


It's really hard to go to an overlook when all you can see is, well, fog.  

This was my group ride yesterday morning.  

Don't mind Gauge.  He's got a bit of an eating problem on the trail, so we covered his mouth with a feed bag, sans the feed.

Since I'm enthralled with the fog, let's take a tour of the place, shall we?


This is the Lodge.  This is where our kitchen and dining room are, as well as the parlor, which houses our one and only TV used solely for VHS and DVDs.  We also have the majority of our guest rooms in the Lodge.  Apache, Buffalo, Cheyenne, Eagle, and Dakota.  See a pattern there?


This is the Rec Barn.  It has everything.  A pool table, foosball, books, movies, the laundry room, the massage room, the gift shop, and the jacuzzi outside.  

Around back and upstairs is where Dan & Ellen live on one side and two of the girls' bedrooms and the only bathroom  are on the other side.  The rest of the girls, like myself, live in the sheds at the bottom of the stairs.  

I'll do a post on that soon...once we vacuum again.  You can't IMAGINE how fast it gets dirty with all the shmud!

Does this view look familiar to you?  

No?

Well let's try this photo from the boy scout post.

How about now?  Not exactly the same angle, but definitely the same view.  

Anyhow, the point of this post is that I think this rain stuff is just craziness!

And I really want to know....


Will the real Colorado please stand up?  

1 comment:

  1. I like fog...in it, the area is surrounded in a sort of romance. Shmud, ewww...but it will help make memories for a lifetime.

    Til next time...that is when, I sit at my computer and read about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete