Monday, June 8, 2009

shoot!

First of all, let me just say, these pictures are not from today.  In case you were just wondering about the weather here today....

When I fed this morning at 6:30, it was beautiful and sunshiney!

When we saddled at 8:30, it was raining.

While we rode from 10 to 11:30, it was foggy, but not rainy.

At noon when we returned from our ride, it rained and hailed as I was giving grain to the special feeders.

We left at 2 for our afternoon ride under the beautiful sunshine.

At 3:30, I made my group get off of their horses for lightning.

At 4:30, it's partly cloudy. 

Seriously....only in Colorado.

Ok, but this isn't a weather update.........

One of the things you can do while you're here visiting the ranch is go to our shooting range.  

We have two .22s, a .22 handgun, a 20-gauge shotgun, a 12-gauge shotgun, and Big Bertha.

The .22s are little and something, even I will shoot.  


You can see one of our youngin's here demonstrating how it's done.

We always have wranglers supervising, as you can see Slim's back.  


And the girls look on as the boys hog the guns....go figure!

So you might have been asking earlier...who or what is Big Bertha?


This is Big Bertha.  No, not DAN!  The gun!!!

She is a Civil War type gun, where you load the powder, ball, and then use the rammer stick thing.  You know how good I am with technical terms.  


Dan taught Dizzy and me how to load it, so we can let guests use it.  

But let me tell you, with the kickback she produces, I refuse to shoot it!  

I like my shoulder the way it is juuuuuuust fine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment