Monday, June 15, 2009

rock climbing

On Tuesday afternoons, our guests go rock climbing up Stoney Point.  

This particular Tuesday, (yes, the looooooooooooongest day of my dude ranching career), I got to go with them.  

They've got 4 different rock faces you can climb, from easiest to hardest.  


This is the easiest.


This is the Level 3.

And this....

This is the Level 4.

I chose the easiest, since I needed to save my strength to feed by hand.  Remember?  The Irishman stalled my tractor and no one had fixed it yet.  


The sad thing about this picture is that I wondered, "Who's that guy climbing?"


Oh yeah, that guy is, um...well...me.  

Not to mention that the guy belaying for me has WAY longer hair than I do.  

But I think he's pretty handsome, don't you?

Hopefully he's more than just a pretty face...

...considering I trusted him with my life!

And he's obviously a sweetheart.

Just look at him unrolling his buddy's pant legs, since he wasn't able to do it for himself.  I mean, he was after all, holding someone's life in his hands...literally! 

But enough about him!

At that point, everyone, including Morgan and me, were all doing what we could to stay warm!

With love, 
The Morgan Wrangler

1 comment: