Thursday, June 18, 2009

dizzy turns 21!

Tuesday night was Dizzy's 21st birthday.
While he has been able to drink in his country for quite a while, he was still happy to celebrate his new-found freedom in the US.

In honor of his birthday, he made us try a Belarusian 'delight'.

I was the first to try it.
And I took it out to the dining room where the guests were cheering me on.

Dizzy misunderstood what I was saying and got upset because he thought they all wanted to share, but he didn't have enough to go around.

Now tell me.
Would you want to share this??? They are headless fish!

Once he understood they just wanted to watch, he was very happy again.

The first thing was to take a shot of this very "hels-ful" drink mixed with vodka.
I keep trying to tell him the word is "healthy" not "hels-ful," but oh well.

Then you finish it up with the fish on bread.
At least I'm still smiling, right?

Dizzy made ALL the staff try it.
I'm not thinking The Irishman was liking it too much.

Duff doesn't seem to mind.

Even Dan gave it a shot.
Haha! Get it? A shot! Oh never mind...

And Ellen tried, too.

I'm not sure she was enjoying herself. She kinda looks like she's going to ralph.

After everyone was finished, we headed to the Potbelly.

Dima had his first White Russian.

Haha! Get it? White Russian! Oh never mind...

2 comments:

  1. should this be a new dish for the green goddesses to try?

    You didn't mention how it tasted. Did the fish taste like anchovies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes like Kipper, which I LOVED as a kid!

    ReplyDelete