Sunday, June 7, 2009

catch up

I thought I had been so good at blogging lately.  Then I signed in today and saw my last blog was Thursday.

THURSDAY!?!?

How could that possibly be?  I've been so good at taking pictures lately!  

Oh yeah.  But I haven't had time to put them up.  

So I will catch you up since Thursday.

Friday, Wrangler Sarah had to get a stitch in her lip.  

She was unsaddling Zeidle, the new pony who is now gone.  

Side note:  Zeidle was given to us for free - people are having a hard time feeding their horses in this bad economy.  However, she was an indian gift because Dad didn't know Mom gave her to us and wanted her back.  Fine by us.  She was scared of everything.  And a pony.  Ugh.

So, Wrangler Sarah was unsaddling Zeidle when Zeidle threw her head, like horses do, only it happened to hit Wrangler Sarah in the mouth.  Hence, having to get a stitch in her lip.
As you can see, we had corn on the cob, which Wrangler Sarah loves -- note the pile of cobs on the right.  She was having a REALLY hard time eating it with her lip, so she shaved it off.

Her mother on the other hand....

...was having NO problems with the ribs! 


Cookie was pretty happy with her creation, too.

On to Saturday.

At last week's jam session we made plans to play volleyball with that group of people.  So, we headed back down to Gate 8.

I have to say this was the most beautiful background for volleyball.  

The sun was setting on the mountains and this picture does it no justice.

After volleyball, we headed back to the ranch for some supper and cake.  

Make that BIRTHDAY cake!  It was Wrangler Sarah's birthday, which is why her mom and grandma were here.


And to end it all, this is a picture Cookie took, hanging out of the car window like a dog. 


I hope you are all caught up and that you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. you never did tell us your nickname and do you call the ladies by their nicknames?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one! I'm the one who gives all the nicknames, so I don't give one to myself! I do call Roo and Cookie by those names, but usually I just call Wrangler Sarah, Sarah. That was just to differentiate between Roommate Sarah and Wrangler Sarah.

    ReplyDelete