Monday, June 29, 2009

swimming

When we have guests who are great riders, we give them some extra options. Such as swimming. On a horse.


I haven't done it yet. It's still too cold for me. Oh yeah, and I'm kind of a chicken. I like to do these things while guests are NOT around to watch. And really, someone needs to be on the ground for safety reasons. Right?


Ahem. Enough about me. As I was saying. While I don't know this for a fact, swimming on a horse does not appear to be the easiest thing in the world.

First of all, you have to ride bareback, which is already a decently hard task in and of itself.

Then, when the horse starts swimming, or floating, you have to float in the same direction as your horse.

This is being poorly demonstrated here by one of my guests. And this is also how I determined that floating in the same direction must be difficult. Thanks for being my guinea pig, Chrissy!

This is a picture of our children's wrangler.

She's demonstrating how it's supposed to be done.

Easy for me to say, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment