Sunday, June 28, 2009

bridal shower

My cousin Chris is getting married on the exact same day as my best friend, Jessica. So, while I can't be at his wedding, I'm getting to do all the parties before the wedding with them, which I'm not getting to do with Jessica. I guess it's a pretty happy medium.

A couple of weeks ago, Michele, Chris' bride-to-be, had her bridal shower. It was a wonderful time since I got to see most of the women in my family, as well as help Michele celebrate.


She chose to have a Cocktail Party theme, so we all wore our nicest cocktail dresses and sipped on my aunt's delicious, yet incredibly potent, Margaritas!

She was also hoping to get some lingerie as presents.
With my family, she may have gotten more than she bargained for. Notice the feather sticking out of the bag? Oh MY!

However, her mother had a different idea as to what lingerie should be.
Notice the baby blanket?

Wait a second! Hello Kitty?
It's pajamas, not a baby blanket!


But her mom (in the middle) just has a great sense of humor and did actually get her some real lingerie.

They were also playing this game where everyone started out with a ribbon on her wrist and you couldn't say 'wedding', 'excited', and couldn't cross your legs, except at the ankles. If you did and someone caught you, they would get your ribbon. She who had the most ribbons, won.

I'm not saying my aunt is competitive or anything, but notice the hand she's eating with. You can see it better in the picture above where she's taking a photo.
And I'm not saying 'like mother, like daughter' or anything, but notice the girl holding the cat.

I am just saying they had a lot of ribbons. And my aunt won the prize, which she kindly shared with the bride.

As the night wore on and it was just my family left, Chris stopped in to see if anyone needed a sober ride anywhere.

However, he has got his father's sense of humor and burst in wearing his mother's dress, saying, "I've got my cocktail dress on! Someone, please get me a cocktail!"

Again, thank GOODNESS his future mother-in-law has a good sense of humor! I mean really. How would most mothers feel if they knew their daughter was marrying a cross dresser???

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful evening and I think Chris and Michele will make a wonderful couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment