Wednesday, September 2, 2009

august rush - parents

On Tuesday, my parents came up for their 2 day stay -- every employee gets 2 nights free for 2 people.

I'm not sure how much fun they had considering that neither of them likes or trusts horses. But, I got them on horseback and got to take them for a ride.

Before they got here, Mom said they definitely wanted to do the long ride on Wednesday. I suggested that perhaps they would prefer to do a short ride on Tuesday and go from there. Sure enough, one short ride and she definitely did NOT want the long ride.

Riding horses is not like sitting on a couch.

They attempted a Christmas picture, but I don't think I took a very good one.

And I'm pretty sure Wynona agreed with that sentiment!

On Tuesday night, after fancy dinner, my parents wanted to go to the Potbelly. I know, I know. Strange as it were, I went to the bar with, well, my parents. With my mother who does not imbibe. And Afton had the music unusually loud. Made it perfectly clear that she and her friend were enjoying the music and would not be turning it down for us, the lowly customer.

We stayed until closing (10 pm) and then came back to bed. I was exhausted after a 10 hour day!

Wednesday, they took a short ride in the morning and enjoyed an afternoon of relaxation.

In the evening, Dad got to play with Lars and Amy again, which I think he enjoyed.


Thursday morning, they headed off to Lars and Amy's house to see Amy's artwork...and their uh-MAZING house.

They finally headed back to civilization on Thursday afternoon. Actually, they didn't. They live in the middle of nowhere, too. So basically, they just went back to the wildnerness...where THEY work.

No comments:

Post a Comment