Wednesday, September 23, 2009

what's next

So, as many of you know, my contract with Sundance ends September 30. That's exactly one week from today for those of you counting. Many want to know what I'm doing next.

That's a great question.

Here's what I've found about myself. I love what I do. But I'm allergic to winter. Who knows which came first the chicken or the egg, but I live in Florida because I do NOT like cold.

I spent April with Justin learning about training horses, which I found really interesting and useful. He continued to come up once or twice a month this summer to give me lessons and I found that I just really, really enjoyed it.

Then, the girls and I went down to join Gordon the Farrier at Summer Slide, a reining horse show. Sorry I don't have pictures, I think they're all on Sandra's camera. Anyhow, I got this guy to let me ride his horse.

And that was it.

I was hooked.

I'm hoping to, at some point, get a video posted so you'll understand what I'm talking about, but these Horses. Are. AWESOME. They can pivot around on one hind foot so fast it will make your head spin. And they do these sliding stops where their hind legs will leave what they call "11s". They are continues parallel lines about 20 feet long, because they just drop their hind ends when they come to a stop. Youtube it. It's fascinating.

Anyhow, this horse just had me so in love that I decided that's what I wanted to do. So I am currently in the process of calling every reining or reined cow horse trainer I can find to see if I can hire on with them. If you know of any, let me know!

As for now, Dan and Ellen have agreed to let me stay until I find a job, so I will still be at Sundance for the time being...or the rest of the winter if it's up to them.

So again, what am I doing next?

To. Be. Determined.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you have a passion to persue...who knows where this will lead and that is exciting. I truely wish you the best. Please keep blogging, I love your adventures.

    ReplyDelete