Monday, September 21, 2009

boulder

Last week was our last week of dude season and it couldn't have ended with a better group!

Ann reminded me of my crazy aunt and I loved her to death. I talked her into joining Amy and me on our trip to the Celestial Seasonings (tea) plant in Boulder last Friday.

Our plan was to leave early in the morning, drive down to Longmont to check out a place for me to live, go to the Celestial Seasonings plant, go to Pearl Street in Boulder, then go back to my aunt's house where we had left Amy's car and where I would stay for supper with my cousins.

As usual, things did not go as planned.

We left around 10.

On the way down, I had to get out in my white skirt and help a guy lift his trailer back on the ball, because it popped off right in front of me. I watched him fishtail twice. Now that's scary!

The guy in Longmont didn't answer his phone. Oh yeah, and I called the guy who I had the job interview with to make sure the job was still open. He said he hired a girl from Ft. Collins so he didn't "have to mess around with this finding-a-place-to-live stuff."

Ouch.

Guess that worked out for the best!

As we were driving, Amy said, "Oh there's the best little bakery in Longmont! Let's stop in there for a pastry."

So we turned off and went to this deli/bakery place. And wouldn't you know it!

It was Oktoberfest!

They even had a live, um, what are they called? It's not mariachi. I dunno. A live band.

And Amy asked them if they could/would yodel for her. They said they couldn't.

Soooooooooo.................

Yep, you guessed it!

Amy got up there to yodel "Cowboy's Sweetheart". For those of you who know me, Amy is even more outgoing.

Ann got an Oktoberfest beer and gave me a taste.

Amy suggested I get a photo with the gentleman behind us. Remember how I said she really likes matchmaking? Ummmmm.........

Anyhow, we finished our lunch listening to the old German music, then headed to Boulder.

It was already 2 by the time we got there, so we headed straight to Pearl Street, foregoing Celestial Seasonings...the whole reason we were going to Boulder!

Ann loved the hammock store. Those are her feet.

And did I mention Ann fit right in here? Ann and Amy checked out how the hammock would work for 2 people.

Except Ann had some issues getting out....

We went to a few more stores then headed out. We called the guy with the house in Longmont and swung in there pretty quickly. Ann about told the guy he'd need to pay me to live there. Not really a viable option.

We went back to Ft. Collins, but found out supper was going to be in Firestone at my cousins' house, which is clear back down from where we came. So I bailed.

And that, my friends, was our last Friday of dude ranch season. Phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment