Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ottem's autumn

I can't believe it. I have been here long enough to see three seasons. I didn't think it would ever happen. At least not for a long time. It's been almost a decade since I've seen all of Colorado's seasons. Although, I guess really, you can see all four seasons in a day since Colorado weather is so crazy.

So here it is.

Beautiful fall pictures.

All of the wildflowers have died off.

But man, oh man, the changing aspen trees are absolutely brilliant.

Ok, so maybe these pictures don't do it justice because I take them when the sun is high in the sky instead of at sunrise or sunset, but cut me some slack.

That's when I'm out riding.

Autumn is my favorite. Who knows, maybe it's a name thing, but I just LOVE the weather!

I went out to watch the full moon come up a few weeks ago (don't let me fool you, this is still a sunset...I forgot my camera that night) and it was just amazing. It's still warm (with the exception of the two cold days) during the day, but in the evening there's a cool breeze behind it. And a slight hint of humidity. With a good blanket to keep you warm, that weather can't be beaten!

And I love to cook during this time of year. I'm looking forward to some of my favorite fall recipes, like Frosted Pumpkin Cake, Beet Soup, and Apple Cider Pork Loin. Ok, let's just be honest here. I love all things pumpkin and all things apple cider in the fall. It just makes it fall.

Oh, man. I tell ya. I've really missed fall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment