Sunday, September 13, 2009

Amy & Lars

I can't believe I haven't blogged about Amy & Lars before. That's just absurd.


I think that Wednesdays might possibly be my favorite day in a dude week. We do the long ride, then we come home, have an enjoyable dinner, and around the campfire, Lars & Amy perform the songs of old, dead cowboys - like Gene Autry, Sons of the Pioneers, Willy Nelson...wait a second... Well, close enough, right?

I love to sing. Regardless of what ex-boyfriends have to say about it, I'm just going to keep on uh-singin'! And this summer was such a musical one! We had Roo, Wrangler Sarah, and Cookie who are all very musically talented, so it made for a pretty fun night.

Amy is just about the coolest ever!
First of all, would you just look at that smile? It's so infectious! You can't help but laugh when she's around!

She is SO incredibly talented when it comes to the arts. She is an amazing fiddle player, but she has some really neat artwork, too! We've got some of it on display here at the ranch. You should definitely come take a look.

She also likes to play Ms. Matchmaker, so watch out! She. Is. Relentless. But well-intentioned. When it comes to that stuff, Lars is just along for the ride. It's too funny to watch him roll his eyes and sigh in exasperation as she goes about her matchmaking.

She gets the guys to do some pretty ridiculous things, too. That is definitely not where those coconuts were prior to this picture!

Then there's Lars. He pretty much rocks, too.

I guess you'd have to to be married to someone like Amy. Or maybe that's vice versa. Either way about it, they're a bunch of fun. I always like to sit with them at dinner to hear what crazy stories they have to tell that week. Lars always has some funny story to tell!

And let me just tell you this about Lars - that white hair and white mustache have not stopped any of the girls from having crushes on him!

Roo was the first to admit it and after that, all hell broke loose. Every female was admitting to their Lars crushes!
Just look at her...

I'm tellin' ya! They're just such a crushable couple! Dow admitted that he'd like a "gal" like Amy only 20 years younger.

Can't blame him.

Anyhow, so as I was saying. Lars and Amy come over on Wednesday nights, play the guitar and fiddle and sing.

And they love it when guests join them.
This was the very talented Blythe, who sang with her dad, Shaun, while they were here.

I talked my dad into coming up and he brought along two of my uncles. My aunt couldn't make it because she was at a Fierce Bad Rabbit concert.

We usually do it around the campfire, unless it's bad weather. It just so happened to be about 48 degrees when my dad came, but then he got to play his electric bass, so that made him happy.

My parents enjoyed Amy and Lars so much they came back again, so Dad could play along.

But here's the best part about Lars & Amy. They make us sing a staff song all together.

And goodness knows this group will do anything to be all cuddled up with each other!

So that does it. You've finally met Lars & Amy and I've determined that Wednesdays are definitely my favorite day of a dude week.

No comments:

Post a Comment