Thursday, September 3, 2009

georgia

I am soooooo behind on not only meet 'n greet, but farewell posts! But this is how it goes...somebody is leaving, so we go out with them and we get very little sleep to celebrate what time we have left with them. And then I don't blog. Oops.

So, going back a few weeks, here's my meet 'n greet/farewell to Georgia.

All I can say is, Georgia walked in the door and I knew then that I was going to fall in love with her. She has got a smile that never stops. Unless of course you make her angry.
I think I only saw that unsmiling face once and it lasted about 15 minutes...until the car stopped and she knew that she was going to live to see another day. Let me tell you, you don't threaten a Southern Girl's life with reckless driving, it makes her mad! (By the way, it was NOT me driving!)

On the second day she was here, I just couldn't believe my eyes! This girl looked like she had just walked out of a Cruel Girl (Western wear) ad. She was beautiful! She wore her hat just right and then later admitted she had never worn a hat and actually wore it all tipped back in the store when the salesman showed her how to wear it properly. I never would have known if she hadn't told me.

The worst part of this? I barely have any pictures of her! It must have been jealousy.

Georgia was always up for doing stuff and having a good time.
She went with us to the Greeley Stampede.

She even went to jail at Cheyenne Frontier Days. One other time I saw her NOT smiling.

She went with the crew on the Wyoming/Yellowstone trip (I went home for Jessica's wedding) and down to the Grand Canyon (I had to work).

She even fell in love this summer!

I didn't realize it when I took this picture.

But the truth came out.

And the Irishman even went to visit her before he left for Ireland (yes, another meet n' greet to come!).

Georgia had to leave us to go back to college. She wants to be a jr. high teacher.
I know. I agree!

So that's Georgia. And we miss her! There aren't as many laughs and smiles without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment