Monday, April 13, 2009

semi-first day

Today was my first day working with Justin, which I'll be doing for the next 3 weeks.  And let me tell you.  I can't remember the last time I wanted to go to bed at 8pm.  

We didn't start our day until 9.  I studied for a while before I met up with him, because let's face it, actuaries just can't resist studying.  So, we had a nice late start.  Justin had 3 colts to ride over at his place and 2 to ride here, where I'm staying -- more on that in the future.  

I tell you, it's UH-mazing what he's doing with these little guys.  The way he rides them I wouldn't be afraid to get on them...that is:  until I see him step down, take off his hat, and wipe away all the nervous sweat.  But it's no more of this "ride the buck out of them".  Why kill yourself if you don't have to?  He trains in a way that teaches horses to ride in a way that horses learn instead of how humans learn...doesn't that just make sense?  Anyhow, I learned a lot today by watching him and he definitely gave me some good pointers that I can't wait to put into play.

Oh and by the way, I fell in love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment