Friday, April 17, 2009

FoCoMX

Alright, so I'm a bad cousin.  Well, and a good cousin at the same time.  I finally got to see my cousin's bad in concert.  The only thing is, it's no longer the same band.  Originally, it was the Jimi Austin and they were even getting played on the radio out here in Colorado.  Then my cousin went to Senegal to be with his fiancee, who was in the Peace Corps.  Apparently this was a natural time for the band to break off and go their separate ways.

Ok, good cousin -- I went to Chris' show with his new band Fierce Bad Rabbit.  And. It. Was. AWESOME!  I have to say, I'm a really big fan and I'm not even biased.  Ok, so maybe I'm a little biased.  Regardless, I'm a big fan.  And you know how I know it's not just me being biased?  Remember Mark, the saddlemaker?  Well, we had dinner with them after Marty's saddle-fitting and they had heard of Fierce Bad Rabbit and said they were fans!  So there you have it.  I am unbiased.

Where does the bad cousin come in?  I forgot my camera.  I do not have one single picture of Fierce Bad Rabbit.  But here's my defense.  I am teh-AIR-ible at remembering to take pictures.  Any of my friends, ex-boyfriends, family members, sister's ex-boyfriends, etc. will agree.  But!  I am getting better!  I remembered to take it to the saddle shop.  

Anyhow, FoCoMX stands for the Fort Collins Music Experiment.  We payed $10 to get in to Chris' show and then we could go to all the shows around Fort Collins for the weekend.  It was pretty cool.  We stopped back by the house after Chris' show and I grabbed my camera, so I got pictures of Wirefaces, which is the new band of the other guys of the Jimi Austin.  Apparently, this is how the music world works.


This is Ian.  Ian used to be part of the Jimi Austin.  I very rarely see Ian, but when I do, we always back up and then run slo-mo at each other for a very heartfelt hug.  It's just what we do.
  

This is Shane.  He used to be the drummer for the Jimi Austin.  I've never met him before.  He's now the lead singer and drummer for Wirefaces.  Let me just tell you that this man has a LOT of energy and burns a TON of calories in his performances.


And, um, this is the bassist for Wirefaces.  Sorry, that's all I know.

Hopefully I'll be a REALLY good cousin and go to another Fierce Bad Rabbit concert and, um, you know, actually take my camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment