Monday, April 6, 2009

Road Trip

Sorry for no recent updates.  I wanted to post each day of my road trip, but, um, well after 15 hours in the car, all I wanted to do was sleep.  Jessica has been traveling with me, bless her little heart.  

 

We were about 2 or 3 hours into our 14 hour drive, when Jessica's friend Janet called.  
Janet:  "So, do you really know how far you're going?"  
Jessica:  "Yeah, we're going to Colorado."
Janet:  "But do you realize how far that is?"
Jessica:  "I don't know.  I haven't really looked at a map yet, but it should take us 24 hours.  Here, I've got a map, I'll look now....Holy *bleep*! "  She looks at me.  "Do know how far Colorado is?  It's like clear across the US!"
I told her to thank Janet for me...and that what she had just done was tell a marathoner about 2 miles in, that she only had 24 more miles to go.  Thanks, Janet.



But we've decided if we ever have to move....it's going to be to Tennessee.  It was an absolutely B-E-A-UUUU-tee-ful drive!  There were lakes and trees and waterfalls! and mountains and flowers and waterfalls! and camping and cool bridges...and Jessica wants you to know there were WATERFALLS!!!!!!  It's a pretty cool place.



We headed into Kentucky which was pretty quick and pretty uneventful.  Although, you may not see us, we're leaning into the Mile 0 sign. 



We finally made it to my friend Michele's house at 12:30 a.m. Central time, which means were were on the road for over 15 hours....thanks Atlanta, for those 2 hours where we were doing the creep....that's right, 20 mph for 2 hours!



As you can see, we started out with shorts, tank tops, and flip flops.  That's right, we progressively added clothes.  It. Was. Cold. 







No comments:

Post a Comment