Sunday, April 12, 2009

in high demand

Oxygen. And. Humidity.  Oh how I miss them.  

I am a runner.  Yes, I said it.  I know, I know, that's a whole other set of issues I need to work on.  But, as I was saying, I am a runner.  I ran a half marathon in December.  Heck, I ran one again in February without planning to do it.  I can run a 5K on any given day of the week.  That is, until I come back to Colorado, where they have so carefully extricated every last ounce of oxygen.  I admit, it's quite humbling to be huffing and puffing when I walk from the house to the barn.  

Oh how I miss eating my oxygen.

And my skin.  Man do I miss my soft skin.  My hands might fall off, I think.  At least peel off until all that's left are bones.  I don't think there is enough lotion in the state of Colorado to make my skin feel like it did in Florida.  Maybe I should take before and after pictures to see how many wrinkles I grow while I'm here.

Oh well, on the bright side, when I get back to Jax, I'll have superman lungs and I'll save money on lotion.  But for now, I'll continue to long for humidity and oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment