Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the last weekend of ski season - finally...skiing

Ack!  A week without internet!  Here is the final installment of our ski trip...from a week ago.  And just FYI...I woke up to FRESH SNOW on the ground this morning!!!!!  Ok, so most of it has already melted, but still.........



We left bright and early on Sunday morning because, after our epic journey, we now had to drive to Copper Mountain to ski with the Seester's friends.  


While they've been skiing all season, this is my first time in a year and my second time in two years...you get the picture.  I am not in snowboarding shape.  After one blue run and one green run - the Seester insisted that I actually work on the real technique of switching edges instead of riding my back edge all the time - I needed a break.  


The girls met us here, supposedly called "The Beach," except they didn't have the beach chairs out, which makes it just "A Food Stop on a Mountain".  We all headed up to the top of the mountain from there.

Let me remind you, this is THE last day of skiing at Copper Mountain.  And it's supposed to be spring, which means it's supposed to be warm.  And of course, it's tradition to dress ridiculously on the last weekend.  Or in summer attire.


The Seester's friends have a tradition of wearing their swimsuit tops.  They weren't the only ones, but I was doing my best to stay upright, so didn't have time to be taking pictures of all the girls in bikini tops.  Sorry, men.

Then, of course, the boys had to be included.


And because my poor little body couldn't possibly handle any more, I was fortunate enough to catch these guys.

Apparently even Eeyore enjoys an adult beverage every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment