Monday, April 20, 2009

april showers...

April showers bring May flowers.  Now that's something you NEVER hear in Florida.  And just because we use it up here, doesn't mean we necessarily confine those showers to rain.  Nope, snow showers are INcluded!
This is at Marty & Jodie's house on Friday morning.  As you can see, it started out as rain, hence the puddles, but as it cooled off, it turned to snowflakes.

By the time I left their house, it was really coming down!  I know this isn't really a great picture, but I stuck my hand out the window at a stop sign and then someone came up behind me...people are crampin' my style!
Look closely at the road, you can see the tire marks in the slush, which of course, makes for great driving conditions.  And the sign in front of me is marking a dead end road, in case you were wondering.  And all that white?  That's a BIG open field...or pasture...I don't remember, but either way, it's big and open.  But of course you can't see that for all the snow.


This is my aunt and uncle's back yard, where they're starting to get some accumulation.  

Now, remember, I'm still new at this blogging thing, so I didn't think to get a picture of the 18" at my sister's house when I arrived Friday night at 11 pm.  I am getting better, but I'm really bummed you couldn't see what I parked in because it was all gone by Sunday afternoon.  Thankfully, I slid, literally, into the sidewalk where I parallel parked, otherwise when the snow was gone, I would have looked like some idiot Florida driver who doesn't know how to park.

Anyhow, welcome to the beauty of spring snow showers.  It disappears about as quickly as it came....now bring on the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment