Thursday, August 27, 2009

jinxed

This has been a rough week, let me just tell you. Lots of frustrations. But today just made it better.

This morning, Dan is giving some guests directions to the white water rafting place in Ft. Collins. As usual, he tells them, "Watch your speed because the cops make all their revenue off of this road."

As he's saying this, I tell my parents, "That's so weird, because everyone talks about always seeing cops on this road. The only time I saw a cop, it was a Larimer County guy who caught up to me quickly, then tailgated, so I assumed he was going to pull me over. I, of course slowed down to 45 because I wasn't sure if I was in a 55 or a 45 zone. The second he got the chance, he blew past me and took off from there."

Today, Dizzy and I had to go to the neighbor's ranch to pick up some hay because we were out. As we got in, Dizzy said, "I hope nothing happens. I always have such bad luck in this truck. First, Sarah found post, then I found nails." He was referring to when Wrangler Sarah side swiped a post while backing the truck in the horse paddock and to him driving over nails, which caused a flat tire.

So. There we were. Driving down to the neighbor's.

Let me just add, Red Feather Lakes Road winds its way from about 5000 feet to 8000 feet, so the speed limit changes practically every mile from 45 to 55, back and forth, back and forth. I usually just go with what I'm comfortable with.

Unfortunately, today, in Dan's truck, I was comfortable at 60.

In a 45.

I could swear I was going 55 and I figured I was in a 55, but um, guess not.

Got a $90 ticket.

Oh, but let's be thankful. He lowered it from 60 in a 45 to 54 in a 45, which saved me $50.

I tell ya. What a week!

3 comments:

  1. hey ottem! thought of you tonight because we made your special cornbread!!! also, ironically enough, KC and I were talking about a colorado trip to hike some 14ers!!! i mentioned how much i liked quandry because you start down in the tree line! it is quite a haul up to the top though! glad you made it back down safely and enjoyed the adventure! miss you! sonja :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great if you guys came out! And yes, Quandary is relatively easy...too bad I'm an out-of-shape wuss right now! And I've only gone for one run since then. I guess if I'd stop partying with the youngins till all hours of the night, I might have some energy! ;)

    I miss you guys, too! Tell everyone hello and give them a hug for me! :)

    ReplyDelete