Thursday, July 23, 2009

the truth

I love living in Colorado. Especially in the summer. And I love being a cowgirl...anytime of the year. But being a cowgirl is not the same as being a city girl!

I used to wear make-up and do my hair daily.

I even did the modeling gig.
And won a contest to boot!

But let's face it. Right now, those days are OVER.

I wear make-up once a week, if I'm lucky. Let's say twice a month, so that I don't lead you astray. And I don't do my hair.

Sometimes I even sleep on it wet, like I did last night.

But it doesn't really matter, because I wear a cowboy hat every day.

And this is what I look like at the end of the day....
Here, I think I was still a little embarrassed. Ok, so maybe this is when I first got here and was incredibly worn down by the elevation, hard work, and long days. I look like crap...cut me some slack!

I started to accept it.

Then I embraced it!

And I even got some nice lighting on the bad hair!

The point is: vanity has fallen by the wayside.

And I don't really care.

In fact, I LOVE it!

PS - Sometimes, my hands look like this:


God I love being a cowgirl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment