Tuesday, July 14, 2009

eventful travels

Where do I start!?!?!

I had sooooooo much fun getting my best friend married to a guy I love almost as much as her. But I think I'll start at the end and work my way backwards.

Let me start with this: I am 8-hours-of-sleep, kind of girl. I don't need 15 hours, or even 13 for that matter, but I just need 8 regularly. That being said, I don't do very well on less sleep, like 6 hours for instance. And especially not well on a chronic 6-hours.

I had to get up at 4:30 am MST on Wednesday to fly to Jax, which means I did not get 8 hours on Tuesday night. I was up until 4:30 am EST on Thursday, which means I was 2 hours shy of being awake for 24 hours. And this story was similarly repeated on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Alas, not enough sleep.

Yesterday, I got up around 6:30 am. No problem, considering my body has no clue what time zone I'm on or when it's supposed to be sleeping versus awake. I made it to the airport without a hitch. I got on my plane, no problems.

I got on that plane to Dallas. And. I. Passed. Out.

No, I did not just sleep. I passed out. From sheer exhaustion.

Even the guy next to me commented, which may mean I was snoring or something. I don't care. I was tired!

I asked him if they had announced gates, because our plane left 45 minutes late and didn't leave me much time to get to my connecting flight. He said they had, so when I got off the plane, I ran to the board, found my gate and ran.

I literally mean, I RAN! Picked up my suitcases, which by the way, added 40 pounds to me, and RAN!

I got to the train, got to the gate, and they weren't boarding yet. Suh-WEET!

I went to the bathroom.

They still weren't boarding.

I went and got a sandwich.

They were part way through boarding.

My group was called, I went up.

And then I saw this girl.
I used to work with her. In Jacksonville. Notice the cubicle behind her and the little ID badge thing on her belt. She didn't normally wear those sunglasses, it was just the only picture I could think of off hand.

Yeah, well, she texted me birthday wishes and we chatted a bit. Turns out she was coming to Colorado for a yoga retreat. I joked that we could wave to each other in the air.

It didn't dawn on me until she started laughing, that ohmygosh, I had looked for JACKSONVILLE on the board, not DENVER!

I missed my flight because, in the grogginess of post-nap, I looked for the wrong name on the board. As it turns out, the gate I needed was just down from where I got off from Jax. Fortunately, there was a flight an hour and a half later.

Wow. I got lucky.

And well, Amy, I'm really sorry that I didn't say hi. I'm really sorry I didn't say bye. I'm really sorry I cursed upon seeing you, but I think you understood. I hope you had a great time at your yoga thing! And thanks for saving me from getting on a plane back to Jax!

So that's how the weekend ended, but hang tight, once I fish through photos, there will be more!

5 comments:

  1. and yet another adventure...I am so looking forward to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote you should have got on that first plane you went to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks, Mikey! I bet if Ryan, Jessica, and Sarah had read this there would have been 3 more votes in your favor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRANCE says, "that's pretty quality." what a sinking feeling that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote you should go look for that same flight now and hop aboard.....I may be delayed but my vote should still count! (Florida voting)

    ReplyDelete