Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ouch!

I love horses.

I really do.

But they can be dangerous. My mother ALWAYS reminds me of this.

And wranglers have fallen off. Ahem, myself included, if you count the pony as a horse.

People have been bitten.

And people have been stomped on.

As of today, I include myself in this group of people.

Tiny, who Wrangler Sarah, so aptly calls "Meanie," wouldn't take his bit this morning.

Let me tell you a little about Tiny first. He doesn't like women. He tries to bite. If he can't bite, he'll try to kick. When you ride him, he's a dream.

I really haven't had any problems with him before. He doesn't try to bite at me too often. And he usually takes the bit relatively easily.

So back to today. He wasn't taking his bit, so I was sticking my thumb in his mouth to tickle his tongue. But he still refused.

Duff, my old buddy ole pal, told me about this little trick if the tongue thing doesn't work. Apparently, you push their lip against their tooth. But that seems like it would hurt, so I haven't used it.

Until today.

On Tiny.

He didn't like it.

He let me know it. By stomping, lifting, and setting back down with weight.

Notice bones in the left foot. Can't see them in the right.

This picture is blurry and I don't know what I did to make it look like the 70s, but you can see how the color progressed during the day.

Unfortunately, you can't see how bad it really is in the pictures, but you get the idea.

Ah, just another lesson in Karma.



No comments:

Post a Comment