Sunday, October 11, 2009

sandra

I'm not sure where to start with this one. I guess at the very beginning.

The night Sandra got here from France, I took her to her room. She was up in the loft and I said very slowly, "I hope you don't sleepwalk."

"Sorry?"
"I hope you don't sleepwalk." She looked confused, so I motioned as I said, "WALK in your SLEEP." She still looked confused and then her face lit up and she said, "Ah! No."

I was so worried after that moment. I realized just how little English the poor girl understood. But Dan told us, she will either sink or swim. And swim she did!

It took a while for her to understand enough for her to come out of her shell, but once she did, WATCH OUT!!!

The girl is NOT to be trusted around water or flashlights. And regardless of the innocence she tries to portray...do NOT believe her!

She was the instigator of many a water fight.

It would start with a little innocent spray of the kitchen dish sprayer, which would escalate to a cup of water, which would escalate to a pitcher of water....

And as you can see, she and Urska were two peas in a pod.

I think they brought out the worst in each other! Or maybe it was the best...

But this is the ONLY time Sandra is truly innocent. And this was usually how you would see her on the way into town to go dancing.

The girl wasn't afraid of the dance floor!

And she even tried her darndest to help Duff learn to dance.

She's not afraid of tough tasks.

Including cleaning Selene's butt.

Although, I think she might have resented me for making her take the business end.

I don't know that Selene was her favorite animal, but Montee, now that was another story.

This was her big baby Montee, Montee...who she wanted to take to Par-ee, if only Dan and Ellen would let mee.

With all that being said, though, I realized that I wasn't sure how we were going to be friends when she left.

Pretty much everything that made us laugh were our faces to each other...usually me making them back to her. Here you go...

This is sort of a guilty look. Something you didn't see often.

This is one of her many innocent looks.

Oh my! Who me?

Too cold too put too much effort into it.

Uh-huh. Innocence? I think not.

So I guess if we're going to keep in touch, we'll just have to use webcams to make faces at each other.

I sure am going to miss that "cra-zee" French girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment