Monday, October 19, 2009

procrastinating

It's been so long since I've written. It's because I'm avoiding writing more meet 'n greets. And I kind of feel like I shouldn't write about other stuff until I get going on those. So I just have written anything. It's kind of like how I clean my house. Please don't visit my house. It's dirty.

And really, I haven't done anything exciting to tell you about. I had two days off last week and I did nothing. I watched some movies. I ate. I made dinner for Lars, Amy, and Dow. I did more nothing.

Actually, that's not true. Things just haven't worked out.

At dinner, Amy and Lars said they went up to the state line to listen to the elk bugle. They said the elk were going cuh-RAY-zee! They said the elk were so close, they were actually scared!

Well, I've never heard elk bugle. That sounds like something I'd like to do. So, Dow went up to the state line to check it out. Sure enough, there were TONS of elk! And they were out in the road. Right there.

So we went up the next night.

Dow said he'd flip on the truck lights when they came down so I could get some pictures for you guys. And I thought I'd take a little video so you could hear it, too.

Except the only problem was...there were no elk.

So here's what you get.

They might have been back up in the trees somewhere. Dow whistled their call.

I heard a bull answer back off in the distance. Then a cow making her call.

And in an hour's time, that's about it.

No elk. No pictures. No video. No bugling. And yet I still managed to blog about it. Geesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment