Monday, October 12, 2009

crop circles

Back in the middle of the summer, I was laying in a hammock and I heard a very familiar sound. But this sound was NOT in the right environment. It was the deep hum of a 4-prop plane, which we hear all the time in Jax because of the Navy boys in flight school. I looked up to see where it was and then it flew between the rocks and the trees, which was pretty darn low.

I was surprised since I certainly didn't expect to see that out here, but it turns out that the C-130s practice their low flying in our area. I was told that people have even looked DOWN on the planes while hiking to the top Bubba's Hill. Pretty crazy.

So, as it turns out, there's an Air Force base in Cheyenne, which is only an hour away driving.

A few weeks ago, when Ann was here, I was asking if they liked my crop circles. You see, we were trying to get the HUGE manure pile worked down and spreading it for fertilizer on the hillside. And this gave me an idea!

Crop circles!

Low flying planes!

Military rivalry!

So I used my time wisely.

And supported my friends.

I hope you don't mind it was made out of, well, poop.

PS - I saw that Navy beat Air Force a week or so ago, so it must have worked! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment