Friday, October 9, 2009

dizzy

So, Dizzy has been gone about a month already, but time flies and I wanted to make sure I took the time to write a nice post about him.

Dizzy was my right hand man. A "yes" man, if you will. If I asked him to do it, you could guarantee that it was done. And done to the best of his ability.

When Dizzy first got here, he had a really hard time watching women do any heavy lifting. For instance, if I was lifting a tray of plates into the dishwasher, Dizzy came over and grabbed it from me. Or, if I was filling the feed bins with the 50 lb bags, he'd take it away from me. I can't say that it got any easier for him, but he did realize that with 8 women working on the ranch, one man just couldn't possibly help every woman lift every heavy thing. He was always a gentleman, though!

Dizzy could play the part of the stoic Russian, ahem, BELArussian, but...

he always had a ready smile.

He loved to do "tough" guy stuff. He said he thought he could spend an entire summer shingling. It's good to have aspirations...

He did a lot of chainsaw work this summer taking down pine beetle infested trees, but to look tough enough for this picture, he had to turn the chainsaw on and rev it. I couldn't help but laugh!

Just as every man has a tough side though, he's got a soft side, too.

It never dawned on me that when he was giving Urska riding lessons and running around beside her as she trotted bareback, that perhaps he was giving her special attention. I told you, he was a gentleman and a "yes" man! (Or maybe I'm just dense...)

Dizzy's sense of humor never ceased to amaze me. And the fact that he could create puns in our language was just amazing. For instance, at the very beginning of the summer, he stepped on a loose boulder which began to roll towards a little girl and her mom. When it rolled, he lost his balance and fell on it, which kept it from rolling, essentially saving the mom and daughter from being rolled over. When asked to tell the story he said, "Oh, it is just old rock story about Rolling Stones." Come on! You have to admit that's clever!

He also liked to ride bareback often, since it makes you a much stronger rider. He would usually classify horses as, "Just like sofa," or "It will be much easier to sing 'Water' song now," which was really high.

I think Little Joe might be classified as a sofa...what do you think?

Here's another great quote along those lines,
Dizzy: "Actually, it is not so bad to feel horse's spine. When you get scared, your *** will squeeze spine to stay on."
Me: "Dizzy! I can't believe you just cursed!"
Dizzy: "Sorry, sphincter."

Too much, I suh-WEAR!

So, I'm not sure if you've noticed this or not, but I've never had a picture of Dizzy when we go dancing.

That's because he really, really does NOT like dancing, as evidenced here. But we guilt tripped him into going for Cookie's last night.

And believe it or not, we DID get him to dance!

Although, maybe we had to bribe him....

And finally, here are some pictures from Dizzy's last night. Everyone else wanted to go out for their last night, but like I just said, he doesn't like to dance. So we hung around the campfire.

And I dared Sandra to play chubby monkey.

Of course, Duff had to try to beat her.

And here's the sequence of Dizzy's attempt.



So there you have it...Dizzy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you LeAndra for this great summer! And for this beautiful reminding :)

    Dzima :)

    ReplyDelete