Tuesday, April 6, 2010

food guy

As I mentioned, during my leave from the ranch, I have been a Craigslist hound. I posted for healthy in-home cooking and low and behold, someone found me! Food Guy thought he was coming up with a clever and unique idea until he found that I was already offering the service he was looking for.

He is a single dad of two kids and training for a marathon. His dilemma was that he either had to eat out, which is hard because you have to try to make healthy decisions and it's expensive, or he had to cook for himself, but didn't have enough time. Voila! Insert me! It's probably cheaper than eating out and I'm making healthy, well-rounded meals from Cooking Light.

Every week, I make a meal plan that includes 5 different main dishes: beef, chicken, pork, fish, and vegetarian. Each meal comes with a starch and a vegetable, making sure he's getting the nutrients he needs to fuel his body for the marathon.

The hard part, though, is that his kids are picky eaters. The good news (for me, anyhow!) is that he only has them every other week, so I can make "adult" food when it's just him.

So, if you're having a hard time deciding what to make this week, check back here! I'll try to post the recipes I'm making for him. And at some point, when I have more time, I'll try to get pictures of what I'm making.

For this week, you'll have to be satisfied with links to recipes. Here's what I made and most of it was pretty quick and easy, good for weeknight dinners.

Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment