Friday, October 29, 2010

pumpkin carving

It's been a tradition of mine, at least since I moved to Jacksonville, to have a small, family-oriented pumpkin carving party.  And we decided to continue it here in Colorado.  Except, once Dow got involved, it wasn't so "small" anymore.

We invited most of the families, young and old, up the county road.  It was quite the turnout!

It seems cowboy hats were the standard, though.  Something a little different from the previous tradition.

 Even my parents came!  That's my Mom straight ahead and my aunt to the right.

And my dad in the middle.

The outcome was great.  There were pumpkins everywhere!

Some pumpkins were happy.

Some pumpkins were scary.  

Heck!  Some were even hungry! (And smoking...in front of my mom's elbow.)

 But there were pumpkins EVERYWHERE!

Regardless of this face, I think everyone can agree it was a SMASH!

No comments:

Post a Comment