Monday, October 18, 2010

the pioneer woman

I love the Pioneer Woman.  In case you have no clue who she is, she's one of the top bloggers.  As in, she makes boocoo bucks...just from blogging.  She has her own cookbook out now.  And she's going to have a movie made about her one of these days.

So what does she have to do with me and my blog?  Well besides the fact that before she was big and famous, she's what inspired me to start my blog.  And more importantly, she's what inspired me to write this posting.  Why?  Because she wrote this article on Ten Important Things I've Learned About Blogging and one of them was this:


2. Blog often.
Whether you write a sixteen-paragraph essay about the cosmic implications of a free market system, a one-paragraph description of what happens to your soul when you walk into your godforsaken laundry room, or a simple photo and caption, consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing.
And watering.
If you water a plant once every two weeks, it will shrivel.
Unless that plant is a cactus, and then it would thrive.
And to tell you the truth, I really can’t figure out how a cactus fits into this analogy, so forget I brought it up.

And you know, I've finally found how to keep my plants alive.  I just water them.  I don't fertilize them or anything.  I just give them lots of water.


So do you think it will work here?  The strange thing is, I kinda quit blogging, because, even though my stalker-thing tells me how many people are visiting daily - and people tell me I haven't been blogging - I think no one is really reading.  But you are!  If only I would write, you would read.  So I'll try to get back to it.  


I still take pictures for you.  I do.  Why don't I put them up?  Maybe the slow internet.  Would everyone please call Dow (don't email, he hates computers) and ask him for faster internet?  He might like computers better that way.


Anyhow, here's my first watering.  Here's to hoping for a great harvest!

1 comment: