Wednesday, August 11, 2010

guilt

I'm thinking that maybe I should consider becoming Catholic.  Guilt comes so naturally to me!  It's been darn near a month since I blogged last and I'm not sure if I should feel guiltier about that or about the fact that I haven't run since that last blog.  I just hope that my body is as forgiving as you are!

I've got two blog posts started from a month ago...which hopefully will get posted soon.  Hopefully, right?

But let me tell you, in the meantime, what has kept me so busy since then.

I kept one of my tutoring students and she brought on a friend for the summer.  Uff!  Remind me not to do that again next summer if I'm still dude ranching!  This job is really a job and a half, without adding anything else to it.  Anyhow, last week was their final, which means crunch time.

And...now Floridian friends, please do not kill me on several accounts (here comes the guilt again...).  I was in Florida last week.  Why, you ask?  Because my roommate up and got married on me.  And moved out.  Seriously.  Dow and I discussed my options and we decided that I wasn't comfortable enough to have random Craigslist strangers in there without anyone I knew there to supervise.  I mean, all of my stuff was there for goodness sake!

Sooooo...we flew down, painted the crazy wall. 

Made it the same neutral color as the front room.

Packed everything up, sold what we could (including the piano).  Pressure-washed the exterior of the house.  Shoved everything into a storage unit.  And turned it over to the property manager who will hopefully rent it to a retired couple who has nothing better than to take care of their house and yard.  A girl can dream, right?

And the only people who knew we were there was Little Jessica, my Florida dad, and my friend who lent us the pressure washer.

May I just tell you that I think we worked harder in the 5 days we were there then we do here...and we work darn hard here!  We're exhausted.

So, if you will, please forgive me, so I can go on with my life.  And I'll be guilt-free...

...until my next confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment