Monday, March 22, 2010

Making a Comeback: WHERE am I?

Alright, I've had a few requests to continue blogging. And it really is much easier to talk to people when they have a little more clue about what's going on. Sooooo.....I'm going to try this again.

Coming out of retirement (this may be Garth Brooks style - in retirement, out of retirement, in retirement, out of retirement...), I have quite a lot to catch you up on.

First question I usually get is: Where the HECK are you?
Answer: Colorado

"WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT???" you might be exclaiming, "I thought you were moving to south Florida to become a horse trainer!"

Yep, so did I.

Basically, I emailed them right after Thanksgiving asking for an 'official' start date, so I could let Dan & Ellen know what my last day was going to be. Their response?

And I quote:
Hi LeAndra,
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We definately ate too much here. The position for training is no longer available.
Have a nice Christmas and New Year!
For those of you who know me, this left me in quite a panic! Less than a month to find a job! What was I going to do? I needed a job! I needed to go back to Florida! Or did I? (Well, I mean, I did need a job!)

This leads us to a little more specific answer of "Where am I?". Waaaaaaaaayyyyy back when, I had made mention of Dow. You remember? I'm not sure I exactly said much about Dow or where he came from, but here's the quick rundown. Amy, ever the matchmaker, brought Dow over to the ranch "to meet the girls," except that he's 32 (in dude ranch speak that's "old"), which means she really brought him to meet Cookie or me. And considering he's totally country and Cookie's totally L.A., I'm guessing Amy had something in mind. Anyhow, we agreed to be friends, which of course, lasted about a week. *sigh* Men.

So by the time that email rolled around, I actually, well, you know, kinda, um, liked him. Which made me decide that maybe I could/should stay here. Except I got "kicked out" out of the ranch. Ok, so maybe it IS really expensive to heat an external building via space heater...details, details. Anyhow, Dow was kind enough to let me live with him.

And there you have it. I am living in Colorado with Dow.

Next edition: WHAT am I doing?

1 comment:

  1. so, you're gonna write something everyday until we are at least caught up? You can't leave us hanging like this...we know there is more to the story.

    ReplyDelete