Thursday, July 8, 2010

happy birthday to me

...and just like I said before - a day late!

I'll warn you now, there aren't any pictures for this because my camera battery died and of course, I left the charger at Dow's house.  Bummer.

So yesterday went as any Wednesday would, except with the Colorado weather of my birthday.  You see, I was born at the beginning of harvest, when the farmers bring out their combines and wait for the wheat to cure and dry.  But because this is the one time they want it to be dry, it rains.  And so it rained.  All day.

With rainslickers and the new chinks Dow got me for my birthday (maybe I'll get a picture of those), we headed out on the all day ride.  Fortunately, it was pretty uneventful.  Except that one of our cooks had to go to the hospital and is still there today while they're running tests on her.

I was in a panic about what to cook today - the job fell to me since most everyone else has Thursdays off while the guests go whitewater rafting - and was thinking what a stinking birthday!

Lars, Amy, and Dow arrived for dinner, as they do for Wednesday night singing, and asked me if my parents had called.  Nope.  An email?  Nope.  I figured either they forgot or would call later.

About that time a white suburban came up the drive and I wondered who would be coming at that time (after supper), but figured it was just disc golfers - they'll golf in any weather!  But instead, it held the whole SLEW of my family!

All of my aunts and uncles, with the exception of my crazy aunt who is currently in Oregon, started filing into the dining room with their instruments.  They had come to celebrate my birthday and to play music with Lars and Amy!

I couldn't imagine a better surprise or a better ending to my birthday!  So I guess it didn't turn out to be such a stinking birthday after.  Except for the fact that I am inching my way towards 30.  Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. so i dont know how this blog stuff works hopw do you send messages?? anyway this picture reminded me of you check out my right hand haha.

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=718892297&v=photos&so=580#!/photo.php?pid=56168421&id=4903719&fbid=963785024970

    ReplyDelete